Monday, November 3, 2014

Awakened

Every day I'm learning to endure life's pain in order to discover it's beauty. I am learning to live for the first time in my life. I know I am very far from perfect, but I can see that now. And accepting your own imperfections is a liberating feeling.

"Rejection" has been something I've struggled with since open heart. Sometimes it was just the fear of rejection. I didn't date because I feared guys would no longer find me pretty. I didn't audition because I feared the chick with the scar wouldn't get cast. I didn't go for the jobs I wanted because I felt insecure. I hid behind my fears because it was easier. But I slowly started to realize that rejection is a part of life. All rejection tells us on the surface is "no." It is a brutal reminder that we are not perfect. But here's the truth. You never will be.

The happy reality is that the perfect relationship, role, job, or whatever you desire is still out there. Rejection may seem like it's telling us "no" when it is really saying "wait." Be patient. Don't lose hope. And more than anything, never stop going after what you want.

After all, you've got a 50/50 chance at getting a yes. Take it from someone who survived the odds. Your yes is out there waiting to be discovered, but you'll never find it until you try for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment